Thursday, April 04, 2013

Introductions

By the miracle that anyone may come across my blog and have a nosey at my content, it only makes sense to introduce myself. I’ll start with the basics:
         I’m Carys and I have the Welsh-est name imaginable – thanks mum and dad. I’ve been brought up in a city named Bradford in England. It’s not too bad but I’ve dreamt of moving to a big city one day (New York is the dream, I fell in love with it within seconds)
        I’m 18 this year, and I found myself an apprenticeship at Yorkshire Water which is one of the best decisions I’ve made in life so far. School really wasn’t for me so getting this job was a god-send, I’ll probably post about that a little later. My title is the ‘Innovation Project Management Apprentice’ which sounds far fancier than what is.
         So that’s my name, age and occupation out of the way – I’ll tell you a little more about me as a person.
         Though many people say this, music is a big part of my life. Through tough years in my life I used to sit in a practice room alone with my guitar, and just play – it really did get me through. Though oddly, I can’t seem to stick to a single thing. I’ve tried my hand at guitar, bass, drums, piano, keyboard, flute and possibly a ton of other things. Oh, I played the recorder in primary school (for the Americans that’s ages 4 up until 10 or 11) I was such a cool kid as you can tell.
          Still along the music lines, I really do look up to an American band named Shinedown. I fell in love with their sound years ago, and have ever since had it in my head that my life will not be complete without meeting Brent Smith – though I soon realised that was ridiculously ambitious so would settle with seeing them Live.
           I also love to travel. Seeing new places and new faces fascinates me. And although I’d rather be in a cooler climate, I love visiting all kinds of places. Hey, let’s write a list: New York, Vegas, Florida, San Francisco, Arizona, Italy-Rome, Paris, London, Iceland, Turkey, Greece, all over Spain. I can’t remember other places but that’s a pretty good selection off the top of my head. Most of the places I visited were on school trips – I know right, school trips! I can honestly say that I’ve had far more experiences at the age of 17 than most other people have had in a life time.
             I’ll leave this alone here, and go more in depth on subject as an when it comes to me.
‘Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment