Tuesday, April 30, 2013

We Are All Wonderwoman - love your self


I really wanted to get away from the whole weight and body shape theme, but I recently came across the picture from above and completely lit up.
       I don’t know if it’s just me but I really do love bodies. Not in any kind of sexual way, but just the way they curve and the way they move. It really intrigues me! Okay, so now you’re probably thinking I’m a creep, but if it’s creepy to find the human form beautiful then I’d be damned.
        One thing I have a love-hate relationship with is photo shop. It’s lovely to see these beautiful boys and girls on the front of a glossy magazine, but if you see them in person and they look nothing like the picture…then maybe it’s a little over done.  A lot of women (and men too I think) get themselves slimmed down in photos for the media, why? I think a curvy body with a bit of meet on them is bloody gorgeous! (if I do say so myself being a fellow plus size gal) and I would like to point you towards exhibit A on the right here. You tell me this woman isn’t beautiful? She’s no size 0 in any standard but boy, you can’t say she doesn’t have sex appeal. Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not saying that a size 0 isn’t hot, I’m trying to say EVERYONE IS, you just don’t see larger models like this all that often. And this is why I love Gok Wan so much, did anyone see his ad campaign?

          He had models of all different height, abilities, and sizes all in a big UK add for everyone to see. It was a shock for the public to see but really lovely to experience. It opened up a whole new door for people that once were deemed unsuitable for modelling. I came across a few other people that is just a delight to see so I’ve posted a few pictures in and around this blog as you can see (and for copy right purposes, I don’t own anything and all credit goes to the models and photographers involved)

      Something I found a bit odd was I rarely see ‘average’ men around in magazines and such. There’s this whole rage on plus size models ect, but I only ever really see a beefy, toned guy with nice hair, or a slim guy who looks ‘idie’ or ‘hipster’….never anything in-between. If anyone has seen some of these men that I am referring to, then please point me that way because I’d love to see a more diverse range of men - seen as we see all different shaped women in this day and age. There was a poll taken with women and it stated that 84% of women were turned off by muscly men – so where’s do these women see a bit of eye candy?
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->But after all this rambling on, my main aim for this blog was really to say that we all have
sex appeal no matter what we look like and how different we are from what we see shoved in our faces through magazines and the internet. It was supposed to be a ‘love your body’ blog, though it looks more of a huge rant. I’ll be sure to make future blogs a little more structured, my fingers just ran away with themselves on the keyboard for this one.

 Just remember ‘WE ARE ALL WONDERWOMAN!
or superman for you fellas out there




           

No comments:

Post a Comment