Thursday, April 25, 2013

2013 Faves

      It’s such a shame that I’m crap enough to get ill when I want to start blogging on a regular basis. Damn you crap immune system! But now I’m back on the mend, sort of – and thought I’d do a somewhat easy post today- I’m just going to go through a few of my newfound favourites of 2013:

Avon’s Speed Dry Nail Polish:     So I’m an avid Avon user, and just love to try out new things in there and came across their ‘speed dry’ collection that claimed to dry within 30 seconds. I was very sceptical seen as the Rimmel London's 60 second polish is, in my eyes, crap – they have great vivid colours but no way in hell do they dry as fast as they advertised. But any way, I saw this gorgeous teal colour in the brochure and couldn’t really help myself. I recently tried it out and WOW! When it says it dries fast, it bloody does, it’s brilliant! I’m awful for being impatient for nail polish to dry so I smudge it, or get prints on it…stuff like that. But with this, it’s a perfect finish! Actually megger impressed. Really glad I bought it.

Direction by Le Riche:         When in high school, it was forbidden to have your hair any colour other than a natural tone. So as expected, when I left I went a little bit crazy. My hair now doesn’t stay one colour for long. I’ve been pink, purple, blue, silver – you name it. And that’s all thanks to Directions semi-permanent hair dye. It’s so fun and easy to use. It comes in a little pot (which usually covers my medium length hair) and has no annoying ‘mix this with that then add this’ instructions. It’s also vegetable and plant extracts so it doesn’t harm your hair – if anything, it makes it feel ten times better as it acts as a conditioner. The only problem I have ever had with the dye is it once turned my pillowcase blue after sleeping on it – but that was more my fault than anything, I don’t think I rinsed properly.  And as an added bonus, it’s not tested on animals – nice!

Oasis Summer Fruits:          This drink is GOD! I’ve recently started drinking Oasis Light and it’s brilliant, I don’t really go anywhere without a bottle. It’s got to the point at work where instead of buy three bottles a day at £1.25, I nip to Tesco’s beforehand and buy a 2 litre bottle to last me just the one day. Somewhat of an addiction developing there.  Though I really don’t get the little quotes on the lid ‘wham bam thank you ham’ and ‘quiche me baby’ - interesting design choice.

Tumblr:

       I got tumblr some time last year but never really used it and frankly, didn’t really know how. It’s took until early this year to get into it, and I love it! I don’t even know what it is about just scrolling through picture after picture, but has seemed to catch on. It’s like I’ve found my people! I’ve never really met people that relate to me, but on that site, everyone seems to be very open about what they’re feeling and are going through, and it’s refreshing to see to be honest. Some people might cringe at some of the posts but it’s nice to see more than a fake smile and know you’re not on your own. Kudos to all my Tumblr amigos!  Btw, if you want to check out mine: click here  

Chopsticks:        I’m going through a phase at the moment where I like to use chopsticks to eat everything! It just feels like a better way of eating and feels weird as hell using a knife and fork afterwards. It a good way of appetite control too. You’re eating slower there for giving your body chance to send signal to your brain, telling it that you’re full. You know that time when your stomach hurts and you feel sick after a big lunch? That’s because you’ve over eaten when really…you felt full possibly 10 minute before the time you actually stopped eating. so there you go.

I might do a revised version of this later in the year but for now, i think that's enough rambling, don't you? :3 
 

2 comments:

  1. I feel your hair pain. I went to a private school where we weren't allowed 'unnatural' hair colours either. I went crazy while in high school dying it all different ways. Blond, Brown, Ginger, Red. Black and Red. This year is the first time I did anything too crazy I went purple :) It's so fun to change up your hair especially when you have no restrictions anymore. They all look great.

    http://thewriteaddictions.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just super glad that the place I work doesn't really care what my hair colour is. thank you sweetie :')
    I totally agree with you

    ReplyDelete