Sunday, May 12, 2013

Here I Am


I don’t think I’m wrong in saying that for a lot of teens out there, your teenage years feel like the loneliest years of your life. I’m saying this from personal experience as well as from reading what a lot of you have to say through the e-mails you send me, Tumblr posts and Facebook statuses. There’s so many reasons why we feel so alone at such a young age…we don’t feel understood; we’re having a hard time and don’t feel like there’s anyone to turn to; constantly stuck in the ‘in-between’ category where you’re old enough that you should be able to look after yourself, yet too young to have actual responsibility…yea, that’s the worst.

                The in-between stage is the worst. I feel pretty stuck in it right now. I’m old enough to have a job, earn my own money, pay for what I need…yet on the other hand I have to be watched when my parents go on holiday, all my actions are questioned and the best one…I have to have a separate risk assessment done for me to take account for my ‘immaturity’ – oh dear lord.  

                So being young and having a job feels like one heck of a lonely place to be. All my colleagues are amazing but a lot older than me. I can’t exactly go for a pint with them after work – especially seen as I had to sign a contract saying I wouldn’t drink alcohol in the presence of work related situations until I’m 18. Plus it’s hard to be the young minded teen I should be when I have a lot of responsibilities to deal with. So that means I don’t get a lot of time to hang around people my own age – I’m either at work when they’re free or they’re at college/sixth form when I’m free. Makes things a little difficult.

                Because of the being busy situation, I don’t really talk to a lot of young people apart from texts and online – which is great. But it would be nice to be able to just call someone up and go out for the night or something. I’m starting to balance my time better now though. It’s taken a while to create a work-to-social balance, so now I’m making time for friends and keeping in touch.

                So back onto the real theme of this post, I always end up complaining about something or other. Aaaaanyway. What I’m meaning to say is that it’s hard to feel alone, and it’s awful when all you want is to do is talk to someone. So I’m wanting to stretch out a hand. Anyone out there, anyone at all…if you’re having a tough time, wanting advice, or just someone to have a chat with….please feel free to contact me. I have my facebook, tumblr and twitter on here…comment me, message me and if you’re in England you can even text me (you’ll have to get in contact with me for my number). It’s nice to have that one person to turn to, even if it’s just to have someone to rant at to get things off your chest. – Here I am if you need me pumpkins. This is my open invitation for anyone to message me with anything they like and I will listen openly for as long as you need.

                It really does make a difference to know that someone has your back. While I’m writing this, I’m thinking of a few people in particular. You’ll know who you are if you’re reading this. There’s two people especially. One I can be a complete twat to and the worst person in the world to when I’m in a foul mood, but he goes through it with me. He’s been through a lot of my shit and he’s still wanting to be nice to me, so thanks Puggle-pop. The other is also just amazing, love this guy – I’ll talk to him after not talking for months and he still does his best to make me smile and I know full well I can count on him. The amount of time’s he’s offered to step in to certain situations that I’ve struggled with is amazing, thanks! So this is a huge thank you for those of you that have stuck by me and been there when I felt alone. LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment