Thursday, June 13, 2013

What's In My Bag?


I’ve heard this question a thousand times: WHAT DO GIRLS EVEN CARRY IN THEIR BAGS!? It’s safe to say that the majority of us ladies carry around a humongous bag filled with a bunch of crap that we most likely will not even need, but can’t seem to leave behind. So for the many guys that ask the question and are genuinely curious of what females have in our bags…I thought this might be handy seen as, y’know…I’m female and all.

                This is more of the ‘what’s in my purse’ YouTube tag that I keep seeing around, but as a written version. This is just a random days’ worth of junk, and I’ll probably fill my bag with different things tomorrow but, hey ho – here we go:

                1. First off is my trusty tub of Vaseline. I bought this little flip lid tub for 50p when I was buying hair dye because I CONSTANTLY dye my face as well as my hair. Putting Vaseline around your hair line is the best tip I can give you when you’re dying your hair, it stops dye from being able to set on your skin and is easy enough to wipe away once you’re done. It’s such a handy thing to have, and I will transfer this item to whatever bag or coat I’m taking out, because you never know when you might need it. I happen to lose a lot of my piercings for one reason or another, so need to pop another bar in the piercing and Vaseline makes this process a whole lot easier and quicker.

2. Following from that, I have a little plastic bag filled with differed bars (for piercings), just in case. I generally buy all my jewellery for my ears at ProBody in Bradford town centre. I have five piercings in my right ear at the mo, and they do a great deal when you’re buying a ton of stuff at one time. Now that I’ve stopped dying my hair, I’ve moved onto piercings, and I have weird urges just to go get pierced when I’m walking past my local tattoo and piercing studio. Though I’m not all that keen on facial piercings these days, I still think they look pretty cool on a select few people though I won’t be adding any to myself any time soon. I went through a phase when I wanted a Monroe piercing, and my eye-brow doing, and my anti-brow and…oh dear me – my grandma would KILL me.  

3. A book. And the book I have this week is ‘I’ve got your number’ by Sophie Kinsella. This was a complete impulse buy when I was at Tesco picking up some lunch (I’m dangerous with money, I just spend spend spend). To say I barely even read the blurb before chucking it in the trolley, I’m actually really enjoying it. I really do get my teeth stuck into a book and my emotions change to correspond with what the character’s going through – a bit of an unhealthy obsession really. But I love to read, especially on public transport (I’ve been wanting to write some book reviews in fact, not sure yet, what d’you think?). This book does something that I’ve not really seen all that often. There will be little numbers next to a specific sentence in the book which will be referenced to a little explanation at the bottom of the page. It’s like a little background info on something that may be out of context which I find really useful and rather hilarious.

4. I have the generic girly things like make-up wipes – B.Quick 4-in-1 cleansing wipes. These wipes are fab and do wonders for my skin, highly recommend them. These are for those little emergencies…like if it rains and you become a panda and other things along those lines (ladies, you feel my pain. I know you do). Alongside them, I have my everyday make-up bag which I carry with me in case I suddenly see a mirror and realise how shocking I look.

5. Weirdly, I have my little War Hammer figurine. I was taking it somewhere with me the other day to continue painting it and just never got round to taking him out of my bag. I call him Jim. Yea, I’ll put in a picture of Jim. He’s only got base colours on at the moment so looks a little crappy, though he’ll look super when I get round to putting the detailing in and things like that. It’s something I got into when I was younger with my brother buying them when he was 15 (I think) and I thought it would be good to give it a try. I find that painting them is very therapeutic. I don’t play though. I don’t have the time to look through the rule book, or even go to matches…too busy with work. But I do enjoy painting them. So I’ll make them look pretty and pass them on to my other half to play with. Not what you expected, right?

6. I have the boring stuff that just needs to be in there. My security pass for work (I have to put it in my bag the night before so I don’t forget it). My keys so I’m not sat on my doorstep like a homeless person until someone gets home. My weekly pill box – the main reasons for that are 1.i forget if I have or haven’t taken my meds that day so it’s a good visual reminder, 2. It’s a lot easier having one little pill box that carries everything, than having 4 or 5 different boxes that take up far too much space – logical thinking for the win J.

7. My crappy little iPod. If you know me, you’ll know I absolutely hate Apple products. They’re good, yea, but always seem to malfunction or break as soon as I touch or go near them. I didn’t even have my little nano for month before I broke it. And I don’t even know how! The on/off button just won’t click down so I can’t use it anymore. I possibly know what you’re thinking: ‘if it doesn’t work, why’s it in your bag?’. Answer, I have no idea. I should probably get it fixed or leave it at home or something. Oh. Along with that though, I have headphones. Why do I need headphones if my iPod doesn’t work? You can see my logic only lasts for short periods of time. Even though I wrapped them very neatly, it will take me a month to untangle them if I ever wanted to use them. FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.

And that’s pretty much it other than a few receipts from Tesco’s or Nando’s… or for other chicken related items. This blog post is a bit different to my usual and I’m not sure if I like it yet. Very…chatty? Either way my next post will be coming to you shortly…tatty-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment