Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Morning Mind

Does anyone else feel like it’s just one of those mornings? Y’know, one of those where no matter what you do, nothing seems to go the way you want? It seems like it’s not just me having one – I see all over my newsfeed (Facebook) that people have forgotten their passes to college, or have tripped up, or missed the bus. I can even look over my desk and see my manager jumping back and forth from his desk and the meeting room as he’s forgotten something each time he’s stepped away – fifth time lucky?
                Anyway, back to an actual blog post. I don’t plan on going on about how crappy a Monday morning is, as I’m sure you all feel my pain in that department. On the other hand, I have no topic in mind so this is going to be the most unstructured piece of writing that I’ve put out to date. That’s a Monday morning mind for you! We’ll see where my fingers take me.
                Warm Bodies. After a night out on Saturday evening which ended up with a busted up knee from whacking it off of a table, I decided I needed an easy Sunday with as little movement as possible. So I whipped out the ice-cream and decided to watch a film under the covers with a hot water bottle (and with that, why is the weather on such a crappy decline here in the UK?!). I saw the adverts for Warm Bodies on TV and really wanted to go to the Cinema to see it, but completely missed my chance which was a bummer – but saw recently that it’s out on dvd, fab! So I got that on, got comfy and was content for the next 98 minutes.
                I have to say I really enjoyed it. One of my top three favourite films is Zombieland, so had a feeling I’d be disappointed by this one in comparison. I was happily surprised, though, as I was gripped to the screen. I thought it was incredibly well written, had a great casting and was just an all-round great watch. I’m thinking about watching it again when I get home in fact, it’s just a great film to watch in your pj’s and to wind down to. I don’t want to give much away seen as it’s still relatively new and there will be people out there who haven’t seen it yet and still want to. But I do recommend it to anyone who fancies watching something new. With the zombie aspect of it, it’s great for the guys, and the love story kind of storyline makes it great for us girls - not even mentioning the attractive as heck lead roll, Nicholas Hoult, which will always make it a good enough reason to watch (I’m kidding! it’s good enough to watch in its own merits, not because of the attractive actors :D ). Though once you watch it, do you see the Shakespearian references(if you get my drift). I didn’t realise it was first a book, so I’m going to do the unspeakable thing of reading the book after watching the film – I wish I would have found the book first.
                I’ve got your number. A few posts back, I mentioned that I was reading a book called ‘I’ve got your number’. I’ve finished it now, taking me three days in total while I fit reading around work and stuff. It’s easy enough to follow, which is good. So it was an easy read for when I just wanted to blank off the world and it didn’t take too much concentration to follow what was going on (probably helped by the snippets of extra info at the bottom of the page that I mentioned before). I enjoyed it. It was quirky, relatable and quite funny in parts. The plot is a bit farfetched is some instances, but why would you want to read a book that was easily live-able, that would be dull.
 All I wish is that I had a Sam Roxton (male character) to smile his ‘breath taking smile’ at me every now and again. He seems like a good, down to earth character in the book that would be the type that you would get along with a respect a great deal. And the lead role, Poppy, was incredibly relatable to me. Being put in positions in life where you just want people to like you, and you don’t want to upset people so are constantly putting everyone else before yourself – through this aspect, I felt like I could see myself in her role. She’s seen as ‘spine-less’ by Sam at one point for not sticking up for herself…I think it was over soup. She didn’t want to send cold soup back the kitchen as she didn’t want to complain – exactly how I am! When you’re reading the last part of the book at 3AM, you feel empowered to stick up for yourself and start putting yourself first (you’ll understand if you read the book) but I don’t know whether that’s just my mind while needing sleep or if it’s because I get myself far too emotionally attached to my reading material.
Who knows.



On a little bit of a different note:
if you have read Warm Bodies...is it good and would you recomend it?
Do you have any books in mind you think are an amazing read?
Recomend me something to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment